The Intern will have responsibility in assisting all aspects of energy management and demand side management at commercial and industrial facilities, including meeting with clients to gather information about energy consuming systems (HVAC, lighting, compressed air, steam, refrigeration, process loads, etc.). The Intern will assist in coordinating with clients and utility contacts as well as their staff to complete audits. This position requires a beginning understanding of energy consuming systems within facilities (HVAC, lighting, compressed air, steam, refrigeration, process loads, etc.).
We are looking for someone who is willing to see reports through to completion while excelling at customer relations. Most weeks will involve two to three days of local travel to customer sites.
Responsibilities (to be accompanied and or supervised by another Energy Analyst):
- Perform site surveys to assess demand response capability, including client interviews and facility energy assessments. Site surveys may include gathering nameplate data, conducting lighting fixture counts, reading blue prints, gathering mechanical schedules, and taking electrical amp readings as needed. Develop demand response measures that are appropriate to the operating requirements, energy consuming systems, and energy management systems of the facility.
- Identify infrastructure upgrades that will support demand response.
- Analyze 15-minute interval data to establish baseline energy consumption and demand response capacity.
- Communicate results to clients and utility contacts.
- Assist sales staff in selling energy conservation products and services to clients.
The ideal candidate will have a background and beginning understanding of facilities management, energy management systems, energy consulting, mechanical or electrical contract management services, or utility services. Required and desired experience for this position includes:
- A technical and/or service-oriented background in facilities management, energy management systems, energy consulting, mechanical or electrical contract management services, or utility services.
- Enrolled in college with a strong STEM foundation with two years complete.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, and a general computing background.
- Demonstrated capability in technical/business writing.
- Great people skills.
- Ability to foster trusted relationships internally and with customers as a team player.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through to completion quickly.
- Ability to complete projects on time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize and remain productive in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to self-start and work independently.
Contact: Barb Wagner at Energy Insight, Inc.