Energy Analyst (FT)
Position One – Entry level with limited or no experience in the energy field
Position Two – Experienced with two or more years in the energy field who can manage projects and people
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to join our growing energy consulting company located in the Upper Midwest. Energy Insight, Inc., works primarily with large commercial and industrial customers to identify and implement energy conservation measures.
An energy analyst is responsible for all aspects of energy management and demand side management at commercial and industrial facilities, including meeting with clients to gather information about energy-consuming systems (HVAC, lighting, compressed air, steam, refrigeration, process loads, etc.). This person also coordinates with clients and utility contacts as well as their staff members to complete audits.
The position requires excellent customer service skills and a deep understanding of energy-consuming systems within facilities. It demands a willingness to initiate and follow reports through to completion. Most weeks will involve two to three days of local travel to customer sites with some travel to other locations in the Upper Midwest. Occasional air travel to outside markets may be necessary, as well.
Energy Insight, Inc., prides itself on a challenging and rewarding work environment. Entrepreneurial self-starters have ample opportunities to grow with our company as technologies evolve and mature.
- Perform site surveys to assess energy-efficient opportunities, including client interviews and facility energy assessments (may involve gathering nameplate data, conducting lighting fixture counts, reading blue prints, gathering mechanical schedules and taking electrical amp readings as needed)
- Identify and provide documentation for infrastructure upgrades to improve energy-efficient distribution that are appropriate to the operating requirements, energy consuming systems and energy management systems of the facility
- Engage in technical discussions of energy-consuming equipment, such as lighting, HVAC systems, water heating systems, insulation, etc.
- Analyze 15-minute interval data to establish baseline energy consumption and demand response capacity
- Build customer relationships by involving them in discussions about energy efficiency and responding to inquiries and concerns promptly by phone, e-mail or in person
- Communicate results and recommendations to clients and utility contacts, with follow-up as needed
- Present an appropriate professional appearance
- Work in a collaborative team environment that values continual improvement
- Assist in the delivery of energy conservation products and services
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science or related technical field; may also consider a technical degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric and/or natural gas industry
- Technical and/or service-oriented experience in facilities management, energy management systems, energy consulting, mechanical or electrical contract management services or utility services
- Knowledge of fractions, ratios, percentages and other mathematical concepts
- Competence in analyzing and interpreting data along with practical problem-solving skills
- Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written), including demonstrated capability in technical/business writing
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel to sites
- Pass a background check and drug test
The ideal candidate also must be willing and able to do the following:
- Foster trusted relationships internally and with customers as a team player
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Meet deadlines and complete projects on time
- Organize and remain productive in an unstructured environment
- Self-start and work independently
- Be coached and mentored
The work is primarily conducted indoors in a climate-controlled environment with customer site work that may include but is not limited to schools, restaurants, commercial properties and manufacturing plants. Travel may be necessary, as noted in the General Description.
Contact: Hailey Kassulker – Energy Insight Inc.